.::AS WINTER DIES DOWN
As winter dies down and spring approaches, let us remember a few things in this time of seasonal change.*
- While the cold of winter begins to fade, remember those parts of your heart the perhaps need thawing. Offer those darker, more frigid parts of your soul up to God as an offering to allow Him to heal you.
- As spring burst forth with colors, leaves, flowers and green. Remember the redemptive power of Jesus to make everything new. To restore those parts of your soul that may have died.
- Change is good. You cannot come into the presence of the Lord and remain the same. If you are the same person you were at the beginning of this season, perhaps you haven’t worshiped or offer yourself to God and now would be a good time to start.
- With the newness of Spring, may you be alert to the new things Christ may be offering you in this journey this season. Grace, hope, love, courage, determination, faith, peace, gentleness, kindness . . .
- As Spring rings forth New Life to this world, may God bring New Life to your soul this season.
- Perhaps you suffered a long, dark winter of your soul, my prayer is that this would be a spring that allows faith and hope to emerge from their slumber and revitalize your spirit.
- And above all, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” (Heb 11:8) There is tremendous comfort for those where change is a challenge, there is always one constant in this universe.
*For my Californian friends, seasons are these things the rest of the nation experiences when it either gets warmer or colder. We are currently experiencing that time when the weather gets warmer.